On 7/7/11 4:41 PM, Marc Paré wrote:

I am not sure what this means. Does this mean that "Freeware" authors
would be give a "nudge" (light push) to agree to (as Rainer suggests)
LGPL and CC-BY licenses? And not allow them to list as "Freeware"?

I would prefer something more than a nudge. I would explain the advantages of licensing their work instead of providing it as freeware and ask them to use our standard licenses (LGPLv3+/MPL) + CC-BY. Online there should be enough information to support this. I think that TDF should educate people about free software.

--
Italo Vignoli
italo.vign...@gmail.com