Hello,

I uploaded two releases of an extension, and I like to make some comments.
There are classified in the order I met them. Most important comments start
with a star. Sorry for the duplicate from other users.

- First of all, I want to say that the how-to "Publishing extensions" is
really great and very helpful. However, it is a little bit hidden:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/8/84/Publishing_extensions.odt

on the discussion page of the wiki. Do you intend to move it on a more
visible place, for instance on the home page?
- Home page is not very sexy: a lot of text to read (from my humble
opinion). It seems that the text was written for a website with both
extensions and templates, and not only extensions.
- Extension Center page should not select as default last version of LibO,
but "Any version", because
     - there is very few extensions that appear in this case
     - contributors do not seem to be aware of the importance of the
selection of the compatible releases
     - as there is a bug with the update of the compatible version of a
project, selection is incorrect (see farther)
- It would be great to be able to store (in a cookie?) my login/password. On
my Firefox 6, I have to type it each time.
- When I register my project, I have to wait that it is approved. Would it
be possible to receive an e-mail saying that it is OK (or not)? Otherwise, I
have to check time to time on the website. Moreover there is no clear
indication if it will take few seconds, minutes, hours or days.
- As a contributor, I would appreciate to have a way to find easily my
extensions I already created. May be just after "Submit your extension"?
- When selecting license of a release, version numbers of GPL or LGPL are
not given. It is far from being a problem for me or subject to discussion,
but I though it was an important concern in FLOSS world.
* There is an important issue when uploading a file for a release: the name
of the file is lost and replace by the "File description". I indicated
"Product Package" as suggested, and when people want to download the
extension they retrieve a file name "Product Package", which is not
recognize on some OS because it has no extension (of file). After some tests
to correct the name of the file, I selected "Content" tab of the release,
selected file, clicked on "Rename" button, and replaced the "Short name"
with filename. It is far from being obvious, or I did not find the right
way.
- Screen-shot should also be accessible on the project page, and not only on
the Extension Center page.
- On the description of the extension on Extension Center page, LibO
compatible version numbers are in an strange order: 3.3.4 to 3.3, then 3.4
to 3.4.2
* When updating the compatible release numbers of LibO of a release of my
extension, it is not updated on the description in the Extension Center. I
need to add a new release of my extension to see the right version number
* On Extension Center page, filter on version number of compatible LibO is
not updated, neither when updating extension release info, nor when adding a
new release.

Please do not consider my comments as criticisms: the site looks great in
general and I really enjoy it. I only hope it could help.

Have a good day.

Laurent BP

-----
LibreOffice 3.3.2