On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 4:22 AM, Petr Mladek <pmla...@suse.cz> wrote:
> Robinson Tryon píše v So 11. 05. 2013 v 09:48 -0400:
>> On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 6:54 PM, Xuacu <xuacu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I'm not a wiki markup expert, but while I was updating the page I was
>> > asking myself if it might be worth to create a download template which
>> > always point to the right Last and Stable versions.
>> > Could this be worth/doable?
>>
>> If there's a desire to have a couple of templates, it's definitely
>> something we could create. The important part would be to make sure
>> that the templates get updated on a regular basis. We should check-in
>> with Petr (cc'd) and see what he thinks of the plan (and see if he'd
>> be willing to keep the download links up to date :-)
>
> I am afraid that neither me, nor Thorsten, nor any single person, would
> have time to update many localized pages one by one for each release. Or
> do you plan to use a wiki trick, so it would be possible to update the
> version at one place?

Correct. We'd have a couple of pages like
Template:StableReleaseLink
Template:LatestReleaseLink

And the content of those pages could just be a link like
[http://download.libreoffice.org/blah/blah/link LibreOffice 42.5.10]

which could be included on any page in the wiki like this:
{{StableReleaseLink}}

Actually, for localization purposes it might be most effective to add
some parameters, so that the default text would be the current
version, but one could pass-in an alternate string if one wanted to
have it display differently:
{{StableReleaseLink|text="Please download the latest stable version here..."}}

But I digress into implementation details...the important piece here
is that you (or Thorsten, or whomever) would only need to update the
content of the single template page :-)

Cheers,
--R