Hi Charles,

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 11:39 AM, Charles-H. Schulz
<[email protected]> wrote:
> [...]
>> If three are enough, then why does the set of three input fields not
>> work? Whether you change a shortcut in the content-box or replace the
>> image in another input field is the same work, isn't it?
>>
>> I need to understand what the problem is to come up with a solution
>
> In my last answer I was explaining that is needed is the ability to
> upload new images on a regular basis, as events constantly change.

Well - uploading an image for events can be done just like with any
other image. Go to assets and upload.

> My immediate concern is to know where I can upload these images and how

So I now got the problem. The problem is that you don't know how to
point to files that you upload to assets. Just say so....

> to make them display in the slider. What do you think?

Well, still not a telepath :-) -but finally I understood what your problem is.

I changed it to use Explicit image selection/Upload fields that will
prevent having to enter the path manually and also allow uploading
images directly, without going to assets.

Also removed the Title fields - the Title is read from the Image's
properties instead now. If you don't want to have the caption (that
the "flexslider" animation-thing adds with white heading by default),
use "Edit" button on the graphic and set the title to " " (i.e. a
space, if you make it empty, it would use a title based on the
filename, i.e. Some_Image.png would get the title "Some Image")

So summary:
* Pick images using the upload controls/Upload it via that mechanism
* Set the Image's title to " " to not get the heading written onto it
* Images should be of same size to avoid rendering issues. Size of the
initial event images was 1132x388 pixels.

ciao
Christian

-- 
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [email protected]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Reply via email to