Sorry for the really late reply. I thought a little more about this and
believe that we could implement OpenID as part of the SSO as well. I'm not
totally confident with LDAP but from what I know I think it's the way
forward. Throughout my research I've found extension which will help a lot
with MediaWiki conversion. I think that this needs some more concrete
details. Maybe we can have a chat will all those involved? Also Philippe, I
thought a MySQL database would be enough for this. What do you suggest for
holding data?

Sincerely,
Jean Spiteri.