On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 6:58 AM, Alexander Werner
<a...@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> good news, everyone! Our new infrastructure has proven to be stable and
> reliable, so the time has come to migrate our gerrit instance to the new
> platform.
> This brings quite a nifty benefit: The VM gerrit is running in will then be
> highly available with redundant storage and seamless automigration between
> servers.
> But the downside is that the migration will take some time, in the case of
> gerrit the pure copying will take about 10hours, starting and reconfiguring
> the VM afterwards only 10-20Minutes.
> So a downtime of about 10.5h needs to be planned.
>
> My proposal is to start the copying of the vm on Saturday, 29 November,
> 0900UTC. The downtime will then end around 1930UTC on the same day.
> I will try to fix the date on Saturday, 15 November, so please comment until
> then.

Thanks. Sound good to me.
Let's remember to send email reminders to the ML just before and just
after it, and put that info in irc's topic of #libreoffice-dev

I'll be around most likely for the end of it (but prolly not at the start :-D)

moggi, vmiklos, bjoern... you may want to keep an eye on the various
'Bots' to irc/bugzilla etc...

Norbert

PS alex: Let's make _sure_ to keep the rsa host key of the gerrit vm
while migrating :-)
PS2: to all: if your known_host happen to have the ip and not the
hostname for gerrit and/or if you have some extra security that do
track the ip anyway, you may have to tweak things after the migration
as, obviously, the IP of the gerrit server will change.