Hi *,

Florian Effenberger wrote:
> For next Friday's meeting, we have several options:
>
> - We could server-side enforce the audio only mode. Whether that helps or
> not is unclear, as people are turning off video during the meeting anways.
>
> - As fallback we could use
>
>   - talkyoo, a pure phone-based solution that served us well in the past.
> For dial-ins from countries that talkyoo doesn't provide a number for, there
> seems a workaround with Google Hangouts. This "bridging" is not convenient,
> but does the job.

I'd go with those two (i.e. have talkyoo ready as a fallback), with
one tweak:

- instead of hard-coding audio-only on the server, send out a meeting
  URL _different_ from the regular one, that includes the
  #config.startAudioOnly=true fragment Cloph mentioned
- plus recommend people to use desktop computers, if they want to talk
  (I suspect listen-only would still work with the Android app?)

>   - another conferencing system Paolo is using (I don't remember the name
>     currently)

I wouldn't do that without a proper testrun.

>   - Nextcloud Talk, as we do have a Nextcloud instance; but then, we don't
> have experience with the videoconferencing module

Same impression as Emiliano..

Cheers,

-- Thorsten