Marc and others,

Sorry for the noise. I found the problem. It was an extra comma before the
closing quote on the  ThrowExceptionOnFailingStatusCode name. I just cut and
pasted from the e-mail without looking at what was in the quotes.

Problem solved. It works fine now.

Doug

>>> "Douglas Beattie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 01/17/08 8:26 AM >>>
Marc,

I added the config option you mentioned (see below) and the test still fails
without executing the verifyXPath check.

During the execution I see the following console output:
   [config]  INFO (com.canoo.webtest.engine.Configuration) -  Exception while
trying to set boolean option:
com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.WebClient.setThrowExceptionOnFailingStatusCode,(boolean)
   [config]  INFO (com.canoo.webtest.engine.Configuration) -  Exception while
trying to set integer option: For input string: "false"
   [config]  WARN (com.canoo.webtest.engine.Configuration) -  Unknown option
<ThrowExceptionOnFailingStatusCode,>. Ignored.

Have I implemented the config improperly?

Doug
    <webtest name="Login Invalid User">
        <config>
          <option name="ThrowExceptionOnFailingStatusCode," value="false"/>
        </config>
        <steps>
          <invoke url="http://${HOST}:${PORT}/identity/${VERSION}/login";
username="${INVALIDUSER}" password="${INVALIDPASSWORD}"
            description="Login Invalid User"
          />
          <verifyXPath
            description="Check login status code equals 401"
            xpath="//@statusCode='401'"
          />
        </steps>
    </webtest>

>>> Marc Guillemot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 01/17/08 2:06 AM >>>
Hi,

WebTest default behavior is to fail when an http error code is received.
 You can change this with
<config>
  <option name="ThrowExceptionOnFailingStatusCode," value="false"/>
</config

or
<groovy>
  step.context.webClient.throwExceptionOnFailingStatusCode = false
</groovy>

Cheers,
Marc.