I have just checked in a hack that allows the use of "sub-contexts" in WebKit. This gives you more flexibility to arrange and embed your contexts in an already existing tree of static pages without having resort to mod_rewrite.

This hack also makes it possible to make the documentation in all of the Docs folders of Webware browsable via the AppServer. I have added some code to the installer that creates the necessary contexts.

So a newbie can now simply run

  cd /path/to/Webware
  install.py
  WebKit/AppServer

and immediately start browsing the Docs, the Example pages and the other contexts by pointing a web browser to http://localhost:8080.

I think this makes becoming aquainted with Webware much easier.

The change should be completely backward compatible and not affect any existing configurations. It just allows you to create contexts with a backslash in the name which was not possible before.

-- Christoph