Thanks for the feedback, Nick.

> It turned out that my original idea didn't quite work in practice,
> and then I found that webware already includes the feature I needed.
> In http://svn.w4py.org/Webware/trunk/WebKit/Application.py
> Application.__init__ uses a setting called SessionName
> to control the name of the session for each application.
> Setting SessionName differently for my two applications
> solved the problem.

Yes, this changes the name of the cookie with the session id.

> The only improvement I can think of would be to add a commented
> out SessionName directive to the default Application config. I
> only found out it existed by reading the code :)

Actually, it's described in the docs as well, but I agree reading the
code is sometimes easier :-)
http://www.webwareforpython.org/WebKit/Docs/Configuration.html#path-handling

I'll put it in the default config as well.

Anyway, I'm curious why your original approach did not work in practice
as well. I think setting the cookie path to the adapterName() instead of
'/' will avoid the necessity of setting different SessionNames and at
the same time also improve security (see
http://www.net-security.org/dl/articles/cookie_path.pdf).

Does anything speak against such a patch?

-- Chris