Ben Parker schrieb:
> Christoph Zwerschke wrote:
>> Ok, now I understand the problem better. Your cookies will probably
>> work, but only as long as you stay in the realm of one and the same
>> language, right?
> yes, but we want the session to follow them when they switch languages.

Ok. That makes sense.

> Thanks for the suggestion of overriding sessionCookiePath dynamically
> like that. I will test it out and use that for the near term solution. I
> think the new config setting would be fine, but I wonder if someone
> might want to ever choose that value at runtime, rather than force a
> constant value.

Somebody wanted to isolate sessions in different contexts from each
other. By overriding this method you can do such things.

> One tangential thought - with all the new config settings lately,
> perhaps it should be easier to subclass the Application object. Or is
> that a can of worms that should stay closed? :)

I think the Application.config file is not so bad, and everything in it
is well documented. SessionCookiePath wasn't in there so far because it
used to be just '/'. This was changed to the servlet path for security
reasons, but in some cases like in yours, you want it to be '/', so I
think adding a config setting is the best solution. Much easier than
requiring users to subclass Application. I'll be offline for vacation
but made a note to add that setting after the vacation. I think I'll
also publish a 0.9.4 release then since a few bugs have been fixed in
the trunk already.

-- Chris