On 10/26/07, Christoph Zwerschke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> One thing you should do is create a new working directory with
> makeAppWorDir. If you start an empty working directory, you should get
> the Example and Test contexts. Does this work? Then copy your servlets
> to that new working directory and change the config appropriately.

Thanks, Christoph.

This does indeed work.

So there must be some other corruption of the config files. And sure enough
I found the offensive bit. In my contexts area in Application.config, I had
something like this:

Contexts = {}
approot = '/data/apps'
Contexts['pp'] = approot + 'pp/us/servlets'
Contexts['sp'] = approot + 'sp/servlets'
Contexts['default'] = Contexts['sp']

Assuming that Contexts was a dictionary, I assigned the value of 'default'
to the value of 'sp'. In the example config from a clean workdir, it looks
more like this:

Contexts['default'] = 'sp'

SO, I guess that 'default' has some special logic behind it to look up
another key. That's a new one for me.

Thanks for your troubleshooting help!