Am 07.06.2010 22:00 schrieb Steve Schwarz:
> We are looking to run multiple Webware instances from a single Webware
> directory/checkout and can do so by providing configuration differences
> via command line args.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to do that? I'm usually running
different instances from different working dirs only.

> But I noticed that ThreadedAppServer.addSocketHandler() creates files
> like http.address and adapter.address containing the address:port for
> each adapter: ...
> Can anyone explain the purpose? Trying to stop running multiple
> appservers on the same address/port? If so the port will already be
> bound so the appserver will fail...

I think they are only used as a way to communicate the appserver port to
some of the adapters, e.g. the CGIAdapter.

If you start a second instance, the file should be overwritten with a
warning, doesn't this work for you?

If you don't want this, you can set a different name for it in the 2nd
instance via the AppServer setting "AddressFiles", e.g. '%s.address2'

see
http://www.webwareforpython.org/WebKit/Docs/Configuration.html#appserver-config

-- Christoph