From: Bentz-Miller, Judith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 10:13 AM
To: WEDI SNIP Privacy Workgroup List
Subject: RE: who holds the power?

 I strongly agree also.  If there is no BAA in place, or not a well written
one in place, it is the CE who will be audited and suffer the consequences
under HIPAA and the OCR.  we will also suffer the consequences in the press
if one of our vendors has a huge faux-pas with PHI that the CE has given
them without a BA in place.  The CE will be held accountable.