Can anyone please give me ideas of what they think patients would request
with the Restrictions on the Uses and Disclosures of PHI and the
Confidential Communications. We have the following in place already, and are
trying to write a common-sense policy about these issues. It is hard to
anticipate what else the patients might request. Thoughts or past requests
that you have come across?

1. We are anticipating requests for alternative billing locations
2. We have "privacy codes" in our system to address the following, which we
use during care and after discharge (especially the no information given to
anyone).
$ = FAMILY MEMBERS ONLY
(Information given ONLY to family members)

+ = NO INFORMATION
(No information is given to anyone)
" I have no information on a patient by that name."

% = NO PHONE CALLS
(Do not give out the extension or ring any calls)
 "The patient has requested that no phone calls be placed to their room."

> = NO VISITORS/NO CALLS
(You may give only the condition to callers)
"The patient has requested that no phone calls be placed to their room."

! = NO VISITORS
(No visitors are permitted to visit the patient)

*= MEDIA EVENT
(No further information will be given)
"No further information can be released about this patient or their
condition."

---
The WEDI SNIP listserv to which you are subscribed is not moderated. The discussions
on this listserv therefore represent the views of the individual participants, and do
not necessarily represent the views of the WEDI Board of Directors nor WEDI SNIP. If
you wish to receive an official opinion, post your question to the WEDI SNIP Issues
Database at http://snip.wedi.org/tracking/.   These listservs should not be used for
commercial marketing purposes or discussion of specific vendor products and services.
They also are not intended to be used as a forum for personal disagreements or
unprofessional communication at any time.

You are currently subscribed to wedi-privacy as: archive@mail-archive.com
To unsubscribe from this list, go to the Subscribe/Unsubscribe form at
http://subscribe.wedi.org or send a blank email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
If you need to unsubscribe but your current email address is not the same as the
address subscribed to the list, please use the Subscribe/Unsubscribe form at
http://subscribe.wedi.org