I hate to weigh in here one more time, but my understanding what that we have to
provide the pt/client an accounting of all disclosures that were not specifically
covered by an authorization (initially, it was interpreted that those had to be logged
and tracked also, but that was amended in the final regs, since the argument was made
that the pt would have knowledge of disclosures s/he had authorized in writing).  I
know another gentleman on this thread last week indicated that he planned to track
those also, just to keep the disclosure log complete and to simplify the procedures
for HIM staff; however, I do believe that authorized disclosures are not required to
be tracked.

So, our disclosure log must contain a record of all disclosures not covered by a
written authorization and those that are not a part of treatment, payment and
healthcare operations.  Regardless of everything we list in the NPP (and it should
list all these as possibilities), we have to track these and record them, providing
them for a pt when requested.

Have I confused different parts of the regs in this interpretation?

Teri Baskett, CISO
LifeSpring Mental Health Services
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---
The WEDI SNIP listserv to which you are subscribed is not moderated. The discussions
on this listserv therefore represent the views of the individual participants, and do
not necessarily represent the views of the WEDI Board of Directors nor WEDI SNIP. If
you wish to receive an official opinion, post your question to the WEDI SNIP Issues
Database at http://snip.wedi.org/tracking/.   These listservs should not be used for
commercial marketing purposes or discussion of specific vendor products and services.
They also are not intended to be used as a forum for personal disagreements or
unprofessional communication at any time.

You are currently subscribed to wedi-privacy as: archive@mail-archive.com
To unsubscribe from this list, go to the Subscribe/Unsubscribe form at
http://subscribe.wedi.org or send a blank email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
If you need to unsubscribe but your current email address is not the same as the
address subscribed to the list, please use the Subscribe/Unsubscribe form at
http://subscribe.wedi.org