From: Wellons, David L [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 9:51 AM
To: 'Bentz-Miller, Judith'; WEDI SNIP Privacy Workgroup List
Subject: RE: Collection Accts.

But note that even an answer to this (what should be a simple issue)
requires convoluted answers - if this, then that, but if this other, then we
do this other thing, but now, if it is Tuesday, we must do this. . .

Also, I believe I can withdraw (or change) my PHI restrictions at any time.
Assuming the staff has me sign HIPAA release ahead of treatment, I can
always rescind it on the way out of the office.  There are those who will
game the system, HIPAA has just given them one more card to play.

My views, not my employer.