On Saturday, April 1, 2017 at 5:29:16 PM UTC-4, Craig Thom wrote:

> My goal is to use the existing SDR driver and to use a service to read the
> pressure from the BMP280 and add it to the data the SDR driver is
> collecting.

craig,

handling the units in a service is slightly different that in a driver.

in the driver, you can specify the unit system of the packet to match the
units from the sensors (assuming they all emit values in the same unit
system).

in a service, you must work with whatever unit system you find in the
packet.

so be sure to check the value of usUnits, then convert your sensor value
(if necessary) to be in units that are appropriate for the unit system
specified by usUnits.