OK, assuming I am not as skilled as a programmer as you and that I am
reasonably skilled enough to set up weewx, Allstar, or Xastir and manage
cron jobs, how would I go about getting info from the log?  Where do I run
this command and what command do I issue?

Better yet, if I have run all of what I stated in the previous email, what
am I doing wrong?  I am confused about how systemd stuff works. Does weewx
use systemd?  I have executed autostarts with a sudo service
/etc/init.d/program_name defaults before but that is the extent of what I
know about doing stuff like this.

Thanks,
Mike, AA9VI