There is a Wiki entry
<https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/Help!-Posting-to-weewx-user> on the
subject.

I think I was a little flippant when I wrote it. It overemphasizes the
importance of including a log, but doesn't mention your other points.
Perhaps you want to take a try at revising it?

Regarding Google translate, if the user is really uncomfortable using
English, I think I can speak for both Matthew and myself, that the user
should post in his/her native language *without using idioms or
colloquialisms*. Then *we* use Google translate. By starting a bit farther
up in the language chain, it's easier to figure out what the user was
trying to say.

I've also noticed that Gary, the author of the tool wee_debug, has
deemphasized its use. Perhaps because of the bug you uncovered?

-tk