On Monday, September 3, 2018 at 4:46:55 PM UTC-4, Pat O'Brien wrote:

> In case I've overlooked something - which is highly possible - is it
> possible to install files with install.py - but also "white list" certain
> files? Such that "if file exists, do not re-install (overwrite)"?

nope.  the installer will install each of the files that are enumerated.
 the intent is to have all customizations happen in the configuration file.
 if a user modifies python code or template files, then the user is
responsible to back those up then merge later, since upgrading will
overwrite them.

note also that uninstalling an extension will remove the files enumerated
for the extension.