On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 10:36:26 AM UTC-4, Tom Keffer wrote:

> But they are just strings, and mwall's comment about aligning the
>> default setup.py path to /home/weewx to match other platforms is
>> compelling.
>>

> Except, unfortunately, on the Mac, /home is a mounted drive, so we would
> have to edit /etc/auto_master, unmount, then reboot. Not worth it.
>
> Better to use $HOME.

and i mistyped.  the macos instructions put weewx in /Users/Shared/weewx
(not /home/weewx)

so the file would be:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "
http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd";>
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Label</key>
    <string>com.weewx.weewxd</string>
    <key>Disabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>RunAtLoad</key>
    <true/>
    <key>ProgramArguments</key>
    <array>
        <string>/Users/Shared/weewx/bin/weewxd</string>
        <string>/Users/Shared/weewx/weewx.conf</string>
    </array>
    <key>StandardErrorPath</key>
    <string>/Users/Shared/weewx/weewx.stderr</string>
</dict>
</plist>