I had forgotten that, in the absence of anything else, XType plot
aggregations leverage individual scalar aggregations. So, to plot
historical highs and lows, I didn't have to write any code, just get the
skin.conf spec right. Using this:

[[[yearhilow]]]
  image_width = 800
  image_height = 500
  [[[[hi]]]]
    data_type = outTemp
    aggregate_type = max
    label = High
  [[[[low]]]]
    data_type = outTemp
    aggregate_type = min
    label = Low
  [[[[hist_hi]]]]
    data_type = outTemp
    aggregate_type = historical_max
    marker_type = cross
    line_type = none
    label = Historical High
  [[[[hist_lo]]]]
    data_type = outTemp
    aggregate_type = historical_min
    marker_type = cross
    line_type = none
    label = Historical Low Temperature

yields this. This is for 12 years of data.

[image: image.png]