For whatever reason, your copy of Pillow was compiled without freetype
(that's what the "ft" stands for in _imagingft).

Try updating pip, then remove pillow, then reinstall.

If that doesn't work, try installing the freetype library first:

*sudo apt install libfreetype6-dev*

Then remove pillow, then reinstall.

If one of these works, let me know and I'll add it to our pip
troubleshooting guide
<https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/pip-troubleshooting>.

-tk