​Oh, a couple other things:

When did you upgrade to V3.0?​

The interface to search list extensions changed between 2.7 and 3.0. Did
whoever publishes Byteweather use search list extensions? Did their code
change? Did they use any additional low-level routines in their extension?

I don't mean to pass the buck, but I'm sure you can appreciate that we
can't support every 3rd party skin out there. The base weewx does not have
any memory problems on Debian. My own station has runs for months with
stable memory usage. Not so sure about CentOS, but, at this point, you're
the only one who has reported a problem (so far).

-tk