Well, it's certainly a lot cheaper than the last suggested one.

Some questions:

Do you use this with a Fine Offset WH108x? When you say it works for you do
you mean that you have incorporated some code that automatically resets the
USB port and that afterwards the lock up issue is resolved? If yes, can you
elaborate some more on how that's done (or do you mean that you can
remotely connect and do this manually?).

My main concern about lockups, which are infrequent, is the (as far as I
know) unavoidable loss of data -- from having to reset my WH1080. Are you
able to avoid this?