matt,

I understand the service a bit better. I tried setting weewx.conf to make
the separate database, which worked. I have reset it to save to the weewx
database now. I checked the lightning database and saw a couple "strikes",
but they didn't show up in the weewx database. I am pretty sure they
weren't real strikes anyway. I have increased the noise floor to hopefully
eliminate these false hits. I am also comparing it to the Hobby boards
detector. So far there isn't much correlation. The purpose for both
detectors is so I know when to disconnect my HF antennas. I can't
understand why I get the (errno5) when testing with a lighter. Perhaps I
need to find a better way to test it. It may just overwhelm the chip,
lightning wouldn't emit energy so close.  We haven't had much lightning
here this year, I may have to wait until next year to verify correct
operation.

I still would like to know why the values in the database and webpage don't
agree, for instance the web page reports 1 mile and the database .62 for
the same sample. I think weewx is saying 1 mile but means 1 km, even though
it is set to US units.

Steve