I've been using weewx 2.7 with homebrew hardware for a while.  I thought I
would update it to 3.5 and at the same time, I'd like to straighten out
some issues.

I've only ever been able to build and install a custom driver in the the
bin/weewx/drivers directory.  Installing it where I think it belongs
results in it not being found.

1. I assume that the driver belongs in bin/user.
2. In the config, is the driver supposed to specified as  "foo" or
"user.foo"?
3. When developing and testing, is it possible to test without a full
setup.py install and build?  Is install supposed to propogate the
weewx.conf file?

As a python novice, I've never figured out how the directory structure and
build process is intended to work.

Thanks