Thanks, Pier.

The Unicode seems to be coming from weewx.conf. In particular, HTML_ROOT,
SKIN_ROOT, and skin all seem to be in unicode, which would suggest that
they are encoded as utf-8 within your copy of weewx.conf.

Could you please send weewx.conf to me privately? While you could edit it
to remove any passwords, or run it through wee_debug, I'm concerned that
may change the byte coding. Send it to 'tkef...@gmail.com'.

You mentioned that you have been "doing some experiments with weewx 3.5.0."
Does this mean you have been modifying the code base?

-tk

On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 8:55 AM, Pier Francesco Costa <piercost...@gmail.com