Well, not really I suppose, but ...

Some time ago I commented that my setup (Raspberry Pi + W1080 clone)
"crashed" weewx from time to time. I found that restarting weewx didn't
help because it couldn't read from the Console. So, I had this cron job
which checked if weewx was running. If not, the RPi was rebooted and things
worked fine until the next time. This event happened, on average, once a
week.

Now, after upgrading to V3.6.0, this kind-of-lockup still occurs, but weewx
doesn't crash and simply reports to syslog ...

Caught WeeWxIOError: Cannot determine archive interval

... each 60 seconds.

So I still need to "trap" this error in order to reboot the RPi (I have
tried many things to "reset" the USB link to the console, but haven't found
any solution other than a reboot). The only thing I can think of is to
periodically scan syslog and reboot if this message turns up.

Is there any other way I can flag weewx errors other than syslog?