On Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 12:13:25 PM UTC-5, David Johns wrote:

> Nov 27 12:31:15 localhost weewx[23212]: **** File
>> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ow/*init*.py", line 33, in
>> Nov 27 12:31:15 localhost weewx[23212]: **** from ow import _OW
>> Nov 27 12:31:15 localhost weewx[23212]: **** ImportError: libow-3.1.so.4:
>> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>> Nov 27 12:31:15 localhost weewx[23212]: **** Exiting.
>

> My owfs is actually located in opt/owfs as it is compiled to the latest
> version. The latest on offer through Ubuntu is only 2.9 and I believe this
> does not support the new Hobbyboards barometer.

david,

where was owfs in your previous installation/configuration?  did you
build/install it yourself, or did you install it using your system's
package manager?

you probably just need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that weewx can find the
shared libraries.  for example, try something like this:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/owfs/lib
weewxd /etc/weewx/weewx.conf

if that works, then set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your rc script

simulator works because it does not use owfs