On Saturday, December 3, 2016 at 7:41:41 AM UTC-5, Chris Swanda wrote:

> If you would like for me to capture raw data to try to see if there is a
> spurious pattern, I'd be glad to do so to further help the Weewx project.
>
> I've applied debug logging along with [Acurite].debug_raw=1 and if it pops
> up again (two weeks?) we'll go from there.

thanks chris.  just to be clear, [Acurite].debug_raw = 1 is my shorthand
for:

[Acurite]
    debug_raw = 1

also, if you are running on an sd card you should log to a reasonably sized
tmpfs - debug_raw will cause a lot of disk writes.

i think the most helpful info will be to see if the next increment after a
decrement is the same size as the decrement.  having the corresponding R1
data for those events will let us see if there is a lower-level pattern to
the behavior.