Hi,

I recently installed weewx using apt-get under Ubuntu 16.04.1 Server.  I
then enabled the Simulator for testing while awaiting delivery of a USB
logger for a Vantage Pro2 console.  All that went well.  Weewx is working
as expected with the default SQLite database.

The hardware has been used only to host a personal cloud server that is
online 24/7.  It has a multi-core processor, plenty of memory, and plenty
of storage space.  MariaDB (MySQL-compatible) is installed.  I am very
familiar with MySQL, but have never used SQLite.  I am wondering whether to
switch to MariaDB before inputting real data.

1) Other than network accessibility, does MySQL provide any significant
advantage in weewx applications (maybe with multiple weather stations,
various extensions, or whatever)?

2) Other than simpler installation and administration, does SQLite provide
any significant advantage in weewx applications (speed, maybe)?

3) I assume apt-get upgrade will work in the future without custom changes
if weewx is reconfigured to use MySQL.  Is that true?

-Bob