I know this is an old thread but I want to ask you about another possible
solution.  I have a Particle Photon based weather station that I have
dumping sensor readings to a phant server I have running on my network.
 The phant server timestamps everything in UTC.  I can then do a jsonp
query with a cron job python script I have running then parse that into a
format that fileparse.py likes.  I also parse out and convert the EST
corrected timestamp from the server into unix epoch format.  Can weewx be
set up to ignore it's own timestamps and just use the imported ones, which
technically are more accurate because they represent the very moment the
reading was taken?  I tried using fileparse to import the timestamp into
the dateTime label in weewx, but I think it didn't like that.

Another possible solution to the NTP problem is to use a server you have on
your local network and configure it as an NTP relay.  I have a freenas box
running my phant server in a jail on it so would be easy to just set it up
to act as an NTP relay and have the Pi sync from that rather than the
internet, therefore I can operate completely in a net down situation and
keep collecting data with proper timestamps.