On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 8:10:45 AM UTC-5, Max G wrote:

> Well... I have just installed jessie on a Pi1 model B.
> Installed the weewx package (apt-get), and answered the config questions;
> standard unit selection was metric; no other changes.
> The weather station is FineOffset W3081 (though 4 years old)
>
> Where would I look for the problem?

max,

you need to tell weewx that you have a 30xx model.

1) stop weewx if it is running

sudo /etc/init.d/weewx stop

2) in /etc/weewx/weewx.conf, add the following to the [FineOffsetUSB]
stanza:

    data_format = 3080

3) move aside your old database

sudo mv /var/lib/weewx/weewx.sdb /var/lib/weewx/weewx.sdb-old

4) start weewx

sudo /etc/init.d/weewx start

the fousb driver used to automatically detect the difference between
1080/2080 and 3080 stations.  unfortunately that automatic detection did
not work very well, so now it must be specified explicitly.

unfortunately, i forgot to add that to the debian installation script.