Hi Andrew,

In the meantime, I have been searching for a solution, and I think I have
found one:

- I have tried the latest jQuery version that is still compatible with our
current smartphone layout, by changing the header of the various .tmpl
files in the directory /etc/weewx/skins/Standard/smartphone , the site is
now using the newer versions.

The highest jQuery versions, still compatible with weewx are:

http://code.jquery.com/mobile/1.2.1/jquery.mobile-1.2.1.min.css
and
http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.8.3.min.js

- The "hang" problem on Ipad's and Iphones is probably caused by a (too)
slow handling of the slide transition effect when going back to the main
smartphone screen. By choosing the option 'fade' instead of 'slide' the
problem has been solved. I have tried this on various Apple devices....
Of course this causes a fade effect instead of a slide effect when browsing
around, but I can live with that!   This setting is stored in the file
/etc/weewx/skins/Standard/smartphone/custom.js

Maybe it is possible to include these changes in the next release of weewx ?

regards,

Sef Konings