On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 8:06:45 PM UTC-5, Ron Springer wrote:

> I also bought one of these (the S84060 which is just a different name
> according to LaCrosse). This is to replace my WS2810 that uses the USB
> dongle. I'm willing to provide any help that I can in getting a driver for
> this unit. - RonS

is there any way to modify settings on the weather station?  if so, what
are the settings that you can modify, and how does one change them?

please try the weewx-interceptor driver.  you will probably want to start
with this configuration:

[Interceptor]
    device_type = observer
    driver = user.interceptor

you will have to figure out whether you listen or sniff mode (listen is the
default).

listen mode requires that you get the weather station to send data to the
computer running weewx.  that means one of (1) modify the weather station
configuration so that its proxy is the weewx computer, (2) use a local web
proxy to receive traffic from the weather station and redirect it to the
computer running weewx, or (3) make a dns entry in your router so that the
weather station thinks that the weewx computer is weather underground.

sniff mode requires that the computer running weewx can see traffic from
the weather station.  that means one of (1) using a hub, (2) using a switch
with port mirroring, (3) bridging on the computer running weewx, or (4)
sniffing on the edge router and sending that to the compute running weewx.

i find that listen mode with change to weather station config is the
easiest, assuming that you can modify the station config.

sniffing mode with the weewx computer bridging (e.g., on a raspberry pi3
with wifi and ethernet) is a bit harder to set up, but is the most
maintenance free.

details for all of these are in the interceptor readme.