Hi all,

I think I've seen this discussion embedded elsewhere but I'm not sure so
I'll ask it by itself.

Is it possible to have a concurrent 'clone' of the local database and a
remote database?

For background: While using wview I used the standard sqlite database on
the local machine connected to my Vantage Pro II system and then wview
would periodically (5min) update a remote mySQL database on my web server
through cron.

I see that weeWX can be configured to use SQLIte "or" mySQL ... the simple
way to ask it then I guess is: Can WeeWX (and by extension weewx-WD) use
SQLite *and* mySQL at the same time?

I like the SQLite file on the local machine because it greatly simplifies
backup but there are obvious advantages to a 'real' mySQL database on the
remote/web end and now with WeeWX-WD extension creating a 2nd local
database in parallel, is it best to go all mySQL or?

Advice appreciated!

Hope all have rung in the New Year well! :)

Cheers,
Chris