all the .html files are regenerated every archive interval.  You need to be
editing index.html.tmpl which is the cheetah template from which the ./html
page is generated.

To answer another of your posts - to make the appearance and have the
contents you want edit any of the .html.tmpl files - all of wehich are in
the appropriate skin directory.

To change the total appearance use a different skin - also see the examples
and skins in the weewx wiki where there is a big selection - with links to
sites using the skin.

To say which skin (or even skins) you want to use for when doing reports
then edit weewx.conf appropriately.

See the customisation guide in documentation for more details and
information