Perhaps if you attached the log from start of weewx up to after the first
couple of archive records and perhaps also the weewx.conf (with passwords
removed of course) wemay be able to shed some light on your issues.

The Vantage does output LOOP data at 2 second intervals, but this should
not be being added to the archive table - although depending on your
settings could cause an update to the daily tables.

Can you also attach a dump of the archive table for say the latest 10
archive records - it may shed even more light on things!!

Sorry I cant help more - need more information and greater clarification to
work with!!