I have tried using the extension installer following the guidance from the
github wiki on an extension package created by modifying the mem extension
example.  I do not understand the error message I am getting.  Can someone
please explain where I've gone wrong?
My extension package is a zipped directory named weewx_snow which contains
install.py, a bin directory and a skins directory.
here is the error message I am getting:

raise InstallError("Unable to install from '%s': no common path (the
extension archive contains more than a single root directory)" %
extension_path)
weecfg.extension.InstallError: Unable to install from
'/home/pi/Downloads/weewx_snow.zip': no common path (the extension archive
contains more than a single root directory)