I doubt this ever worked: this is a known bug that was fixed on 29 December
2017
<https://github.com/weewx/weewx/commit/202f25d7e069aeebdb66fd9a604cdb7862739f73>,
a month *after* V3.8.0 was released.

To patch, replace your version of almanac.py with this version
<https://raw.githubusercontent.com/weewx/weewx/master/bin/weewx/almanac.py>.
The following commands should accomplish this:

cd /usr/share/weewx/weewx
sudo mv almanac.py almanac.py.backup
sudo wget
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/weewx/weewx/master/bin/weewx/almanac.py