Hi Tom,

Sorry, I was thinking in unixtime meaning an hourly datetimestamp and
making such a graph once per day, week or even month would be plenty. You
are correct that I could make a script outside of weewx to query the
database and spit this out. Was trying to keep it all within weewx. What I
am hoping to create is a graph with 5 years worth of weather data with the
lines superimposed over one another.

To do this, what I would like is something that creates a 43,800 line CSV
file (365 days * 24hr)
Each line would have a date/time for each hour of the day and then the
hourly average temperature in a comma separated array for the last 5 years.
For example 2018-1-18 20:00 (or unix timestamp equivalent), 56 (temp for
current date/hour), 73 (temp for 1 year ago on this date/hour),  71 (temp
for 2 year ago on this date/hour),  73 (temp for 3 year ago on this date),
73 (temp for 4 year ago on this date)

One could also imagine wanting to iterate through only years worth of day
in this way, but for say 1 year ago or 5 years ago, but just for that one
year. Since this data wouldn't change, it would only need to be generate
once like the NOAA archive data. Then one could make archive graphs for
past years rather than have just the NOAA tables..

Hopefully this is clearer. Really appreciate the help.

Cheers,

Geoff