As far as I am aware weewx has NEVER filled in holes in the data, it has
always just added onto the end of the current database from the time of the
last timestamp in the database up to the current time.

wunderfixer is a utility which WILL fill in holes in the data at
wunderground if it finds there is data in the database which is not in
wunderground, and wee_import could be used to fill database holes from
external sources such as WU.

As to why February 3rd keeps getting skipped - that is a mystery that could
possibly be solved by running a different debug level - but you need an
'expert' to say which level would yield the most productive output during
the catchup process.

Sorry

Hope you get it sorted.