I was looking in the customising reports section of the wiki for how to
draw a graph with just the highs and lows (temps) over a month. Now, of
course, I can't find the specific section as the docs are so extensive!!
Anyway, it wouldn't work for me so I had to do some tinkering. I think the
main issue was to add the aggregate interval and also the marker_type =
cross in order to see the values. Here is the relevant portion of my
skin.conf:

 [[[monthhilow]]]
        marker_type ='cross'
        aggregate_interval = 86400
        image_width  = 650
        image_height = 360

        [[[[hi]]]]
            data_type = outTemp
            aggregate_type = max
            label = High
            data_type = outTemp
            aggregate_type = min
            label = Low Temperature

Hopefully it will be of help to some fellow newbies.
PS extensive docs+active forum = top quality product!!

Thanks
Richard