if you list the home directory with
ls -l /home

what result do you get??  what is the status of /home/weewx and who owns it
and what permissions does it have??

WHAT IS THE ACTUAL ERROR THAT YOU ARE GETTING WHEN YOU TRY TO COPY TO THE
NEW CARD??

if you do the same thing for the new card - before you try and copy - does
/home/weewx exist already??  what permissions does it have??

It would be much better to be using the command line terminal interface
rather than a GUI though - we may get to find out what errors are
occurring!!!!