Just to give some background I made an android app similar to Pocket PWS. I
liked the app, but it was closed source so I couldn't do anything to add
new features.

With Tom's blessing I named the app weeWx Weather App and I have published
it to google play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.odiousapps.weewxweather

To use the app there needs to be some small changes made to weeWx, to
automate some of the steps needed I created a pair of weeWx extensions, one
for metric and one for imperial units.

I've outlined the installation steps on
github:
https://github.com/evilbunny2008/weeWxWeatherApp/wiki#concise-instructions

All comments and requests about the app should go to
github https://github.com/evilbunny2008/weeWxWeatherApp/issues