I am in the process of importing some data to the database and making some
corrections to the data once imported.  I know how to do this, but am not
sure what the best/recommended workflow process is.  For example:

- should I stop the weewx service, work on the database and then start the
weewx service again (it might take me anything between 10 mins and a few
hours to do this).
 - If I stop the service, will weewx automatically reload all the database
entries for the time period when it was stopped in the previous step.

Or, should I not bother stopping the service, and if so, will this cause
any problems if I am working on the database whilst weewx is trying to save
records to it?

Any help/tips are appreciated.

Thanks

David.