That's correct: the logger cannot communicate with both WeeWX and the
Weatherlink website at the same time. The reason is that both want to
control the console state.

Also unfortunate is that Davis does not allow open access to the
Weatherlink website, so WeeWX cannot do the posts to it on your behalf.

You have two options:

   1. Forgo posting to Weatherlink. Just use WeeWX. You'll have full
   functionality of your Vantage station, but no access to Weatherlink.
   2. Post directly to Weatherlink, then use the wlink
   <https://github.com/weewx/weewx/wiki/wlink> driver to retrieve the
   records back from the Weatherlink website and put them into WeeWX. Proceed
   as normal. This is a partial solution as some data will be missing, as
   explained in the link.

-tk