I am trying to set weewx to upload the web data to a disk connected to the
wireless router with FTP.
I am not seeing any data in the disk directory and am seeing several of the
following errors in the log (basically for every file weewx tries to
transfer)

May 14 07:25:46 weatherpi weewx[362]: ftpupload: Attempt #3. Failed
uploading /volume(sda1)/ftp/weather/NOAA/NOAA-2018-05.txt to 192.168.0.1.
Reason: 550 Permission denied.

I am sure I have the user information in the weewx.conf file correct.
Also, I tried uploading a file with ftp to the same folder in the terminal
window and it worked without issue.
Any help solving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

P.S.
This is the ftp part of the config file

[[FTP]]
        # FTP'ing the results to a webserver is treated as just another
report,
        # albeit one with an unusual report generator!
        skin = Ftp

        # If you wish to use FTP, uncomment and fill out the next four
lines.
       user =user
       password =password
       server =  192.168.0.1
       path = /volume(sda1)/ftp/weather

        # Set to True for an FTP over TLS (FTPS) connection. Not all servers
        # support this.
        secure_ftp = False

        # To upload files from something other than what HTML_ROOT is set
        # to above, specify a different HTML_ROOT here.
        HTML_ROOT = /var/www/html/weewx

        # Most FTP servers use port 21
        port = 21

        # Set to 1 to use passive mode, zero for active mode
        passive = 1